Saturday, May 26, 2012

Black and White Circles

Happy Memorial Day Weekend Everyone!!  I have a quick mani to share with you today.  The weekly theme in one of my polish groups on facebook was "black and white" and this is what I came up with..

Black and White Circles:



This mani was quite simple and turned out cooler than I expected.  I used Wet n Wild Black Creme and Wet n Wild French White Creme... I started by painting my index and ring fingers black and my middle and pinkie fingers white.  After the base colors completely dried, I poured a bit of each polish on wax paper, dipped a drinking straw in the polishes and dabbed the straw on to my nails (white over black, black over white).  It turned out really retro, cute and fun!! :)

**I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.  Don't forget to enter Jodi and Destany's Super Awesome Fantastic Giveaway!!**

15 comments:

  1. THIS IS AMAZING!!! I LOVE IT A BAZILLION TIMES!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely amazing! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! I love the way it turned out! I'm gonna add this to my list of techniques to try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so awesome! So creative! :) I need to try this!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to try this. looks fun

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks really good. I'm so gonna try this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love it! cant wait to try a summery version of it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks great! I love the design with the black and white... it is a bit retro, as you said, but with a fun edge! I am always amazed when people come up with new techniques like this... I just never think of stuff like that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah! My last comment was submitted before I was done. Lol. Love this mani! One thing that I do that reminds me of this is doing a base coat, put the accent color on wax paper, dip a thin piece of sewing thread in it, and just dab it all over the place on your nails. Maybe I'll do one and send you a picture so you cant tell me what you think? :D And I have a question.? You totally inspired me to try water marbling and I'm in love! The only problem is I don't really have the money to buy O.P.I or China glaze frequently even though the O.P.Is that I've used totally spoiled me. I've had good luck with wet n wild, but I have a crap-ton of L.A colors from the dollar store that are so thick! What do you recommend for cheapish nail polish and lightening up the formulas for my L.A colors? Sorry this was a novel. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you love to marble, Liz!! :) Sally Hansen Xtremewear polishes work great for me. Maybe add some nail polish thinner to you L.A. Colors-- I've never tried them in a marble.. Hope this helps :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!

** Please refrain from posting links to your blog in the comments. If you have a blog you'd like me to check out, please email me privately at davis.jodi05@gmail.com Thanks :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...