Monday, May 28, 2012

Memorial Day Marble

Happy Memorial Day Everyone!!  I wanted to sneak a quick post in today even though I've been busy with family over the holiday weekend.  Here is a water marble I did in honor of Memorial Day..

Memorial Day Marble:




A pretty patriotic marble in honor of all our service men and women!!  For this marble, I started with two coats of OPI Alpine Snow.  After that was completely dry, I used OPI Alpine Snow, OPI No Room For the Blues, OPI Dating A Royal, and NOPI Kourt is Red-y For a Pedi for the marble.  I was going for a "star" pattern with the pointy edges, but it just turned out kinda random... but I like it.  All the colors used in this marble were really easy to work with and spread so easily in the water!  I'm pretty sure OPIs are my favorite for marbles!!


Say HI to Dugan.  He was helping me with yard work earlier in the week.  Not today though... it's way too hot!!  

**Don't forget to enter Jodi and Destany's Super Awesome Fantastic Giveaway!!  There are some great prizes to be won!!**


29 comments:

  1. this is so cute and patriotic! love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great. Anytime I use white in my marble the colors always end up bleeding into the white. Does that ever happen to you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amber, that happens all the time with mine. I just kinda lucked out with this one. Red does it the worst for me

      Delete
  3. WOW that looks amazing!!!! The colors are so stunning & such a cute dog

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's brilliant - great work, love the colour mix!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it looks great, the white looks nice and crisp! Also, I could tell you were going for a star pattern, especially on the ring finger. I think I will have to do something like that for 4th of July!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your marbles just keep getting more and more amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This marble mani came out amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It came out awesome! Marbling is so much fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love doing water marbles so much, this looks great and perfect for today=]

    ReplyDelete
  10. such a bright and vivid colors. lovely

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing water marble! I wish I was as good as you at water marbling :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww.. thanks!! Keep practicing.. they get easier!!

      Delete
  12. So nice combooo ! I love your watermarble :)..
    You have a very nice blog dear..I following you now,i wish follow me back :)
    www.nzlsyn.blogspot.com
    Kisses From Turkeeey !! <3 Bye..

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is soo pretty and dugan is extremely cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you!! Dugan is such a good boy! :)

      Delete
  14. It looks like patriotic flames!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!

** Please refrain from posting links to your blog in the comments. If you have a blog you'd like me to check out, please email me privately at davis.jodi05@gmail.com Thanks :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...