Friday, September 14, 2012

31DC2012 Day 14, Flowers

Yay for Friday!!  And... yay for flowers.  I love them, I'm just not to great at floral nail art.. ugh.  Sunflowers are my favorite flower.  I have tons still blooming behind our garage.  I tried sunflowers once before with a dotting tool and they weren't the greatest and neither are these, but I do see improvement!! :)

Sunflowers:



I think I need a thinner brush and some acrylic paint.  For this mani I started with a base of China Glaze Kinetic Candy.  I used Sally Hansen Bittersweet for the centers, mixed some of that with Bettina Sunrise for some of the petals, then just Sunrise for the rest.  Yep, I'll keep on practicing :)

See ya tomorrow for a "delicate" mani.. Ugh, I may try to stamp and that probably won't be pretty either..





6 comments:

  1. Your sunflowers aren't bad at all! But I agree that a thinner brush would help. You can trim your paint brushes to a thinner diameter for better control & detailing. Robin Moses has a great tutorial on her youtube channel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me know... I'll have to check that out. I love Robin Moses!!

      Delete
  2. I love sunflowers! They are my favorite. I really love yours, I think you did a really good job. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sunflowers must be on the brain, I did them too but I like yours better! I haven't tried using acrylic paint yet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like these a lot! In my mind, sunflowers are supposed to be big :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!

** Please refrain from posting links to your blog in the comments. If you have a blog you'd like me to check out, please email me privately at davis.jodi05@gmail.com Thanks :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...